COVID-19 Update March 18th, 2020

KLM Aruba Marathon Postponed to October 18th, 2020

Dear Running Friends, 

Numerous races around the world have been cancelled or postponed as many people around the world are glued to their homes. Knowing this, I have come to the conclusion that it is better to postpone our race well in advance as opposed to a few weeks prior to the event.

Unfortunately, we can not assure you today, that the event will take place on Sunday, June 7th, 2020. The latest developments and potential future developments make the possibility of hosting the event in the beginning of June extremely uncertain. It seems unfair to let you train, especially the last few months when trainings schedules demand more and more of you,if I can not guarantee that you will be able to run the race!

Therefore, the 2020 race will be moved to October 18, 2020.
What does that mean for you?
Your registration will automatically be converted to the race on October 18th, 2020. It is also possible to postpone your participation to June 6th, 2021 without any extra costs? Yes, Please inform us by email: .

Why no refund?
We will start planning immediately after the end of one event. Budgets are worked out, a timeline is put into place and then a team of people put a plan in action. To secure services, many items are paid in advance of the race. The race fee that you pay doesn't just cover the day or multiple days of the race, it covers a year of work.

Personal Note
As a marathon runner, I fully understand that this is not the kind of news you were waiting for. You have been in training for months and have focused on June 7th. I realize this like no other, as I am currently also training for one of my greatest running performances and I would not be surprised if this race also will be postponed. It's in my head every time I train and it is becoming a lot more difficult to motivate myself to run so many times a week, so many km's and not knowing if the race will go on as scheduled. Therefore I hope you sympathise with this difficult decision. I wish you, your family, friends and family to stay safe and stay in good health! Hope to see you all at the start on October 18th, 2020!

Yours sincerely,
Kees van Muiswinkel, 
Chairman Foundation Run in the Sun